Sunday, December 30, 2012

Stiffler Christmas


 We had our final Christmas on the 27th with my Dad's side of the family.  Everyone came together to laugh and enjoy the Christmas spirit.  Henry did very well with all of the excitement, but he was still really tired.  He is yawning in a couple of the photos, but he was a trooper.

*On a side not, and before I share the pictures and events of our evening with you, I want to share how difficult the family gathering was for me because of the loss of my grandma, a little over a month ago.  We hadn't been together as a family since her funeral and I really didn't know how it was going to go.  We still laughed and enjoyed our Christmas, but I was very sad that we made very little mention of her.  There was no toast to her memory or reminiscing about how she always made the holidays special.  I take responsibility for not initiating what I thought should have happened.  I am slowly learning how I grieve and what I need to gain some kind of closure.


Aunt Marilyn has the magic touch. He got a little nap while everyone ate dinner.  Andrew, as big as his heart is, managed to call my cousin, Jennie, old and told her she needed to get back to work.  She took it all in stride, but we decided to reenact the moment anyway.


Grandpa has been such a blessing to our family.  He and Grandma were married for 17 years and as the Alzheimers really started to take effect he was the epitome of unconditional love.  It was bittersweet seeing him again.  I couldn't bring myself to sit and talk with him because I was afraid of the emotions it would release.  Andrew and I were able to spend time with him on our own a couple days later, it was a much needed time together.


Jennie's kids, Emma, Bella and Luke, enjoyed their presents from the family...


Maybe not as much as her husband, Chris, though.  This chemistry set, meant for Luke, will give him hours of fun!


My cousin, Katie really enjoyed her gift.  Yes, she's a little crazy, but that's why we love her.


Henry received some very fun new toys, a couple stuffed animals, a new book and super cute clothes!




With all of these great presents around him, he still liked the bows the best.



Charlie wanted to get in on the action too!


I got my little sister, Madison, this "laugh" wall hanging.  She can always find something to laugh about and when I saw it I thought of her.  My other little sister, Annie, is very creative so I got her wall stickers that you can decorate your room with and then move around or change.


Nana (Kim) and Boompa (Dad) got Henry the cutest little outfits and this mohawk penguin hat as well as a very cool book, Swing. We have been incredibly blessed by all of our family throughout this holiday season.




No comments:

Post a Comment