Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Candy Cane Lane/The Night Before Christmas

It's amazing how this Christmas the lights have been brighter, the songs have been merrier and the holiday spirit has been twice as special.  I never would have imagined that Christmas with a child could be this special.  As my family grows so does my sense of completeness.  This is all I have ever wanted, family time.  My amazing husband, perfect little boy and crazy dog make me the happiest person in the world.


We started our family holiday time with a run through Candy Cane Lane.  A neighborhood on the west side of Wichita goes all out with their Christmas decorations and instead of driving through, like we normally would, we ran through the neighborhood with my workout group.  Andrew ran with Charlie and I pushed Henry, we did about 3.5 miles.  Luckily it was about 54 degrees out, we got in a good run just before the weather turned really cold.

We had to stop for a pic before going into Candy Cane Lane.  All of the houses were just as amazing as the ones you see behind us.  It was a lot of fun!  Of course Henry slept the whole time, but I'm sure when he looks back at the pictures he will appreciate the experience.


A few days before Christmas Andrew's mom called and said there was a present for Henry that needed to be opened before Christmas.  Henry was so excited to open a present before Christmas that we didn't wait very long.

 I was surprised how well Henry grasped the "ripping paper" concept, of course, like everything else it went straight into his mouth.


Mom had to help a little bit, but when we got it open Henry was so excited to find a book, The Night Before Christmas, from Grandma.  Not only that, but she was reading the story to him through a recording device in the book.


He loves to read.  So, we immediately opened it up and it starts with music on each page and then Grandma reads the story to him.  So much fun!  It was always a tradition, as I was growing up, to read this story before we went to bed.  I'm so glad that Grandma can now be a part of that tradition every year.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment