Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Eve

We started our Christmas on Christmas Eve with Grammy (my mom),  Grandpa (Glenn), brother (Jeremy), sister in law (Misty), brother (Tony), sister in law (Lindsay), Andrew and Henry.  As was expected, Henry made out like a bandit. What I wasn't expecting was how much Andrew and I raked it in too.  Henry was so cute surrounded by all of his presents.  He would just start grabbing at them and when he got one, start chewing on it.   


Grandpa and Henry getting ready for the festivities.

Henry got this classic toy, I'm pretty sure I grew up with the ring toy, and it is still a good one.  He and Aunt Misty had a great time playing with this toy a few days after Christmas.  Apparently it is a toy for all ages.


 Tony got a hunting hat, he is an avid deer hunter who has learned to clean his own deer and, from what I hear, makes an amazing deer roast.  For those of you who don't know Tony, this is how he normally looks.  He is one of the funniest guys I know and always keeps us laughing with his antics and Tonyisms.


Meanwhile, Henry is going after another present.  We tried to talk to him about patience and how everyone takes their turn in the family, but he just couldn't wait.



Jeremy always has a goofy face for the camera (it must come from the confidence of having won a cutest baby contest when he was about 6 months old).  Misty is enjoying a gift all of the girls received,  a metal wallet that won't let anyone steal our identity.  Thank goodness, because I can't tell you how many people want to be me :-)


Andrew, Jeremy, Misty, Henry and I are all enjoying gifts and probably laughing about something that was said.  The book I'm reading Henry is so cute.  It has his little picture on it with lights and music and that is all great but the rhyming words are the best part.  I think it's called "You're my Little Lovebug."  (I would go look at the actual title, but its in his room and he just finished crying himself to sleep).


Of course there were airplane items.  I don't know if you can see the cute leather boot feet on this outfit, but they are adorable and the elbows have little leather looking pads on them as well.  Mom said she found it in an airport gift shop, very random.


 Lindsay is always laughing and smiling.  There is not a person this girl cannot talk to (and believe me we've put her to the test).  She always finds the most thoughtful gifts and seems to really know what people are going to like.


This, I was not expecting.  Mom surprised the girls with very nice purses.  I got this orange Coach purse (orange is my favorite color).  I think my first comment was, "is it real?"  I couldn't believe it, I never thought I would own a Coach purse.  Anyway, very fun and yes, very spoiled.


Andrew loves his new Columbia running shirt.  If you know my husband well you will recognize those as "wine eyes."  He had a few glasses of wine before the festivities started.  But I will say, his reactions to his gifts were never better!


Grammy and Grandpa received a gift from Henry that was a collage of our family photos made into a puzzle.  I'm pretty sure Grammy started to cry.

We had an amazing time and, as always, we were completely spoiled.  My mom and I are so much alike when it comes to gifts.  Our present is seeing the reaction of the person receiving the gift.  It's so much fun to get something for someone that they will truly enjoy.  
My favorite gift to give was a scrapbook I made for Glenn from his Ironman experience.  Those things are a lot of work, but it was a lot of fun putting it together and especially seeing how much he enjoyed looking through it.  Maybe in the future all of my gifts will be made, it is a very satisfying feeling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment