Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Morning

Christmas morning was everything I hoped it would be and I know it is just going to get better as he becomes more aware of what is going on.  We really thought we were going to get a good night's sleep.  After all Henry was awake through a 1.5 hour Orthodox Christmas Eve service, dinner and present opening the night before.  That is more consecutive awake time than he has had in a long time.  However, he had different plans.  He woke up around 5:15am, so I fed him and thought he would go right back to sleep, but he just didn't want to go back to sleep.  Ok, I admit, I was pretty excited about Christmas so, I didn't try all that hard to put him back down.  I decided to wake Andrew to do our Christmas.  At 5:45am we headed downstairs to open up what Santa had left for us.  

Henry loved pulling the tissue paper out of the bags and he was pretty good at it too.  Andrew and I decided we wanted to get him books.  We trade off bed time so picking new books that we would enjoy reading and Henry would like sounded like a pretty good first Christmas plan.




Henry got to open more than one gift at a time because he had the most.  He got a couple really cute outfits and some books from Uncle Nic and Aunt Meghan.



I didn't know what to get Andrew from Henry so I searched the internet for diy ideas.  Pinterest is where I found this gift and although I am not addicted to Pinterest yet, I'm so glad I am a member, if for no other reason than to find this idea.  I traced Henry's hand (that was challenging in itself, but we eventually got it done) and on one hand it says "i LOVE U" and on the yellow paper connecting the hands it says "this much!"  I think he likes it.


I was surprised to see that Andrew remembered to get me a present from Henry as well.  I got a large wet bag, which carries more of his cloth diapers when we travel so I don't have to keep them in the diaper bag.  Yay!! Henry knew just what I wanted!



Henry got a couple little toys from us, it wasn't anything too exciting.  As most people know, we could have given him bags and he would have been just as happy.




These are his books from Uncle Nic and Aunt Meghan.  We love Sandra Boynton books!!



We are going to Hawaii with Andrew's family at the end of January, so that is the majority of our Christmas.  Sally sent us a fun "get ready for Hawaii and a Luau present"  Yay!!! Can't wait!!


These are the book Andrew chose for Henry.  Andrew always does a great job of choosing books that are unique and very fun to read!


I got Andrew a wing stand for his glider, which is really a cymbal stand that will have another attachment when it gets made.  I have never gotten him a present for his glider before so I was really excited about this one.  I think it was a hit.


Andrew got me some new running socks (I haven't had new ones in five years) which is what I asked for and a new visor for my workout group.  All in all, we had a fantastic Christmas morning!!



No comments:

Post a Comment