Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Solids, sort of

So, the time has come for us to figure out how we want to introduce solids to Henry.  My good friend, Nicole, who you read about in the previous blog opened my eyes, totally confused me and stressed me out on a new way of introducing solids.  In Nicole's defense, she is very good about researching and learning about different things and I just want someone to tell me how to do it so that I can get started.  I have taken the time to research online information because I don't want to scar Henry, but I'm sure it is not to the extent Nicole has.  Thank you for opening my eyes to new ways of doing things!  

Okay, moving on.  Baby Led Weaning is the name of this new feeding frenzy and I'm really not good at explaining it because every time I do people give me the "are you crazy" look.  There are lots of websites and funny YouTube videos to watch if you are interested in learning about the concept.  The short story is you put whatever you are having for dinner in front of your baby and he feeds himself.  I love the concept of Henry feeding himself, I just haven't figured out the food situation.  He gets so excited when we eat dinner that we thought we should just give it a try.  So, last week Henry had mashed potatoes.  It was very cute to watch and very messy to clean up afterwards. 

 This picture cracks me up because it reminds me of the movie "A Christmas Story" when the kid won't eat his dinner and the mom starts saying, "How does a piggy eat?"

 He was so precious just exploring the food and getting it everywhere!  It was a lot of fun, as always, to watch him learn.



So, that is Henry eating mashed potatoes.  He has since tried carrots (which he liked), applesauce (I fed that to him :-)), noodles and a banana.  He doesn't seem to be a picky eater so hopefully we are on the right track.
*On a side note, it has made his diapers a lot more interesting, the cloth diapers are still working well though!

No comments:

Post a Comment