Sunday, January 6, 2013

A New Year

Andrew and I try to do something to ring in the New Year with the ones we love around us, but this year was different.  We just wanted to be at home with each other and our baby boy.  We rented movies, popped popcorn and cuddled up underneath a big blanket.  We had a wonderful spaghetti dinner and tried to put Henry down at his normal time.  However, Henry decided he wanted to be with us too.  We decided on New Year's Eve he could stay up as late as he wanted (ha ha like we really had a choice).  He watched "The Amazing Spiderman" movie cuddled up with his daddy and even jumped at a couple of the scary scenes.  I was sure we had damaged him for good and he would have nightmares for the rest of his life. Turns out, I was worried for nothing.  He went to bed around 11:30, I managed to stay up until midnight, but was asleep shortly after and Andrew finished another movie.  A perfect New Year's Eve.

We slept in on New Year's Day and then got up and watched football, not even bothering to get out of our pajamas at all that day.  At one point, in the afternoon, Henry fell asleep on me and I was about to get up and put him in his crib, but Charlie came over and snuggled up next to me.  It was just too perfect, everything I wanted to start a New Year.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year, celebrating exactly how they wanted to and enjoyed the first day of the new year with the ones they love.  Many blessings in 2013!!

No comments:

Post a Comment