Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day


I have officially survived the first three weeks of school! That can only mean one thing...my first three day weekend, Yay!! Andrew and I had a great Labor Day weekend. Friday was his birthday so we had a wonderful dinner at Mike's Wine Dive. Andrew was spoiled with gifts such as new black socks, new brown socks, a new shirt and now the good stuff, an IHome to use for his new alarm clock. Overall I think he had a great birthday. Maybe he will write about it sometime (hint hint).


Saturday was pretty low key. I did stuff around the house and Andrew was able to soar, finally. It's been a rough season.


Sunday we went to a baptism for the son of my friend, Lori, and then we had the brilliant idea to bike over to my mom's house. For anyone who lives here, do you remember how windy it was on Sunday? We made it over in one piece, with a couple of spills and road rash to prove we actually rode our bikes. When we made it to my mom's we decided to go swimming. However, this wasn't just fun in the sun swimming, this was hard core, lap after lap after lap swimming. Andrew is training for a triathlon and I was helping him practice (and maybe gain some confidence in swimming to do my own triathlon someday). After the fun of swimming (which is an exhausting sport by the way) we made the trek home on our bikes. We ended our wonderful day with a dinner at Hangar One with the Fosters.


Monday Andrew got up and rode 20 miles on his bike. He met a friend on the west side and they rode with the wind and against the wind for 20 miles! I'm so impressed! I ran with my mom and then we wanted to try out our new swim strokes so we wouldn't forget what we learned the day before. It was another exhausting day filled with exercise, food and quality time together. I hope everyone had a great three day weekend like we did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment