Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cheering for a Stud


I am just going to piggy-back on Andrew's blog and tell you how exciting the Triathlon was from my point of view. We did have to wake up very early, but even my adrenaline was running high as Andrew prepared for the day. It was chilly that Sunday morning and I was not dressed appropriately for the cold, but I knew I had to forge ahead (because it was all about me). We stood around for a while and then the director pulled everyone together, talked about the rules, prayed for everyone (which I thought was awesome) and everyone took their places.


The swim was awesome! Andrew passed two people as my mom and Glenn cheered him on from the sidelines. Some might even describe his swim as poetic (but I'm probably biased). I had never seen him swim before, but he just looks so graceful in the water. He is so long that he covers about half the pool with just a couple strokes. Needless to say, I enjoyed watching the swim.


When he got out of the pool we all chased him over to the bikes and continued to cheer as he transitioned into bike mode. It was definitely chilly so I'm sure the wind on the bike was not fun. For a while we just stood around, but then decided that we should jump in the car and take off after him. Mom drove and Glenn and I yelled out the windows and took pictures. We went by him and decided to stop at a turn point to wait for his arrival. There were several other people there to and we had a blast yelling for all of the bikers zooming by. We eventually saw Andrew, hung around for a little longer and then started the drive back to the Y for his arrival on the bike. We saw him make the last trek home and then he started the run.


As he put his bike away and turned to start his run we could see pain in his eyes. We watched him run off and then stood around waiting for his return. I fully expected to see him walking on the way back because it looked like he was in so much pain when he left. However, as he came around the corner he was at a steady jogging pace. I was impressed by his motivation to finish strong. We were all cheering him on as he crossed the finish line and then smelly hugs and congratulations were given all around.


It was a very exciting day for us both. I am so proud of him for an awesome race and it was fun to be on the sidelines cheering him on. I can't wait for the next one, except I will probably try to be a contender...

1 comment:

  1. hey kinsey its madison(: just saying hey && sounds like you guys had a great time ! keep us posted,
    maddy

    ReplyDelete