Thursday, February 21, 2013

Henry's First Snow


Last night we had a beautiful snow in Wichita.  Apparently, it is the second largest snow fall in Kansas in recorded history.  I love the glow of the lights on the snow in the daytime and even in the dark.  I did not want Henry to miss this opportunity to explore snow (even though, as mom of the year, I did not have a snowsuit for my little boy).  My husband and good friend, Nicole, encouraged me to layer him up and stick him out there.  So that is what I did.  The boy had on three hats, two shirts and a coat and three pairs of pants, not to mention socks, shoes and gloves.  I'm pretty sure he was warm enough.  It took me so long to get everything on him that by the time he was ready it was snowing again.  I figured we were all bundled up and some light flurries wouldn't hurt anybody.

He loved to look at the snow.  I can only imagine what he was thinking as he looked at and felt this very cold white stuff.  The only time he didn't seem interested in the snow was when I laid him down in it (pictured below).  I wanted to give you the summary of our experience all at once so that you can just enjoy the pictures from here.  So, enjoy...













1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is adorable!!!! I love love love the photo story. You ARE mom of the year! He'll have those pictures forever! You captured his expressions too - so great!

    ReplyDelete