Monday, October 8, 2012

Peanut is Here!

Well, as most of you who read this know, I had my little "Peanut" on June 5, 2012.  Henry is an amazing little boy who has brought me more joy than I could have ever hoped for.  I'm not going to try to catch up with the last year, but instead pick up where Andrew and I are in our lives and keep moving forward.  We are officially Plus One, yea!!!
 
My good friend, Nicole, who is probably the only one reading this, makes blogging look so easy and since most people think I just sit at home and watch Henry sleep anyway (Jeremy), I thought I would try to stay a little more updated. 
 
So, Henry was born on a Tuesday. I was in labor for 12 hours, we got to the hospital around 12:30pm and at 4:18pm our beautiful baby boy was born. He weighed 6lbs 8oz and was 18 1/2 in long.  We were total first time parents the night we brought him home, but we have gradually gotten better.  He started sleeping through the night around 2 months, it's nothing we did, just blessed I guess.  He is so happy and is really starting to show his personality.
 
Henry and I work out with a Mommy Movement group in the mornings and then take care of the house, organize, nap and run errands in the afternoon.  Occasionally there is time to do fun things with friends, like go to the zoo or grab a bite to eat.  I work at Caldwell Elementary on Wednesday afternoons and my mom watches him.  She keeps trying to get me to work more, but this is the perfect amount for now.  Andrew is doing amazing with his job.  He was promoted to Test Pilot and will be lead pilot on one of Cessna's new airplanes in January.  He tore his rotator cuff this summer, but is slowly getting back on his bike and swimming as much as his arm will allow. 
 
So, that kind of brings us to today.  Henry went in for his four month checkup, which as any parent knows, involves shots and is probably more traumatic for the parents then the child.  He was a little under weight at 12lbs. 9oz. but he is long at 25in.  Overall, he is a very healthy, happy little boy.  He can hold his head up when he's sitting and when he's on his tummy.  He smiles and we have had a couple giggles out of him, LOVED that moment!  He takes his shots like a champ.  They hurt at the time, but by the time the nurse leaves he's ready for whatever comes next (eating usually). 
 
Here are some pictures from the hospital and then through the summer up umtil last week.
 
                                    







We are so blessed to have his amazing little boy in our lives.  He is so loved by all of his grandparents, aunts, uncles, all family members and especially his parents.  Hopefully the next time I write he won't be going off the school.  We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment