Sunday, October 28, 2012

Our Saturday in Words

Yesterday, Saturday the 27th, was a great day!  I really want to share it with you, but as the title suggests I have to do it with words.  I could absolutely kick myself for not taking the camera to all of our fun events yesterday.  Every time Andrew and I were driving to our next destination I would, all of a sudden, blurt out, "OH NO, I forgot the camera."  I will do my best to paint the picture of a lovely afternoon with family and friends.

The morning was completely normal, with sleeping in, Henry waking up with a big smile for mommy and daddy and Charlie wanting more attention than we could give him.  Have I introduced Charlie yet?  He is our one year old Cockapoo that is fun, sweet, awnry, mischievous, everything a puppy should be.  (Literally, as I was writing this last sentence I had to stop and get a roll of toilet paper away from Charlie before it was all shredded into little pieces, good times).  Anyway, the morning was pretty normal.  Henry and I took a trip to Hobby Lobby to try and find him a candy holder for Halloween, but came up empty handed.

We got back, picked up Andrew and drove to the west side for a family luncheon.  First we had to stop at Carter's since I'm rarely on the west side and I had an outfit to exchange.  Believe it or not they had a little pumpkin candy holder, so I got that and a couple stocking stuffers for Henry.  I have had the hardest time trying to figure out what a six month old needs for Christmas.  I finished my shopping then we headed to Outback Steakhouse to celebrate a couple months worth of birthdays with the Stiffler family.  We decided to combine birthdays for September and October, so Aunt Marilyn, Aunt Janet, Kim and Andrew all had their birthday lunch yesterday and we were hooked up with some yummy desserts!  It was nice catching up with family and always fun to see people's reactions at how Henry has grown and changed.  Oh, I forgot to tell you that Henry was in his Halloween costume all day yesterday.  He is the cutest little Charlie Brown (including the black marks I put on his head with my eyeliner).  I will definitely post pictures of him on Halloween, since we will just be in our neighborhood and at home, it will be hard to forget the camera.

We finished lunch and rushed home to let Charlie out before we had to head out again.  I was so tired I really wanted to take a nap, but there was no time.  We head back out west to the 13th and Maize area to the At the Well open house, a church that one of Andrew's good friends Mike Gaddie is the pastor of.  We had a great time seeing people we hadn't seen in a long time and checking out the building that they have turned into a great place to worship.  We had a family photo taken (the only picture from the day) and thought about giving Henry a horse ride, but decided it would be more fun when he is older.  We stayed a lot longer than we had planned, but couldn't seem to tear ourselves away.  By the time we did leave I was wide awake and didn't even have the thought of a nap in my head.  Oh, as we were driving out of the parking lot Pastor Gaddie was walking towards the grassy area with a wet suit, flippers and a t-shirt on, apparently the kids were going to throw water balloons at him, crazy!

After we left the church we headed over to our friends, the Foster's, home for the annual pumpkin carving extravaganza.  We always have a good time catching up with friends, eating good food and of course watching the kids and their parents carve pumpkins.  This year was a little different though because we are parents and felt that Henry needed his own pumpkin.  Well, I think it started off that way, but by the end of the night Andrew really got into the pumpkin carving and made a beautiful glider carved pumpkin, I think it's for Henry, but who really knows?  It was a lot of fun having a kid at the event this year, even if he couldn't do anything, I could actually participate in the "mother" conversations and for the most part new what everyone was talking about.  Then Henry and I sat around the fire and watched the other kids roast marshmallows for their s'mores, oohed and ahhed over the other pumpkins, watched Samantha Foster wrestle a boy to the ground and then take down Andrew as well and then we loaded up and traveled home, all exhausted and ready for bed.

It's already so much fun to create all of these memories with a little one.  I can't imagine how much more exciting it will be when he really knows what is going on.  Thanks for reading my pictures in words blog today!  Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I like your words, and I'm a bit jealous of Henry's awesome costume idea. I mean, what kind of a cool mom are you?!?! Amazing!! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete