Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 4th, 2013

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem with blogspot.com, but I keep creating blogs and they won't save or publish.  So, my new tactic will be short stories instead of novels, just in case.  

I want to put a plug in for my stepmom's website justshootmekimi.blogspot.com.  If you go to that site you can see a video of our time in Hutchinson on July 2nd, because I failed to take any pictures while there.

July 4th is quickly becoming my favorite holiday because I get so much family time and I don't have to stress about presents for everyone ;)

Some of my favorite memories of Henry on the 4th involved his little cousin, Marlee.  She is 20 months and they were a hoot together.  Whatever Marlee had, Henry wanted and vice versa, including Marlee's mom, my sister-in-law, Rachel.  While we were watching fireworks Henry wanted to be in Rachel's lap and Marlee was very good to share!


Henry loved the fireworks and wanted to be in the middle of everything.  


Aunt Misty did a great job of covering Henry's ears when the boys set off loud fireworks.


She also did a great job of clapping with him when they were sooo pretty!


The infamous lap and I'm pretty sure Henry is still trying to push Marlee further away.  Maybe he's working on his flirting skills?  We'll keep working on it.


I'm pretty sure they are sharing the drink back and forth here.  Yes, they could share, sometimes.


Andrew enjoyed showing Henry the fireworks for the first time.  He seemed to really like the sparklers.  I was so proud of him for watching all of the fireworks with us and just enjoying the time being together.


This is my family that comes in for the 4th:
Craig and Rachel with Evy and Marlee from San Diego
Chris and Blythe with Colton and Wyatt from D.C.
Jeremy and Misty from Lexington
Tony and Lindsay from Manhattan, KS
and then Andrew and me with Henry from Wichita

It's a big group with a lot of craziness and fun involved.  Can't wait for next year already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment