Monday, July 29, 2013

An Amazing Lake Trip

A tradition in my family is to go to the lake every year.  Whether it was Beaver or Tablerock we were there.  Andrew, Henry and I were the only "kids" that could make it this year, but I have to say it was maybe my favorite lake trip yet.  Don't get me wrong, the other ones, when my other siblings have joined, were a blast.  I have such great memories and stories that we still laugh about.  I tried my first beer on the lake trip, there has been way too much family nudity on lake trips (if you know my family those kinds of things are not out of the ordinary) and a lot of crazy card games to finish up any competitiveness we didn't get out while skiing.  

I say this one may have been my favorite because I was able to see the excitement and joy of being at the lake in my own little boy.  Henry LOVES to explore new things and if there is one thing you can do at the lake it is explore! He was an amazing trooper as we strapped his life vest on and put him in the water, not knowing what was going to happen.  He endured the rain as we forced ourselves to get in the lake just in case it never stopped.  He loved riding on the boat and waved at every other boat that passed us by.  I couldn't believe that this little one year old could help me remember why I love the lake in the first place, for its simplicity.  We always create our own adventures at the lake and this year was no different.  

walking down to the boat

Henry's first time in the lake.  This little float with the sun shade was awesome!

swimming with Grammy

chasing after the rubber ducky, After a while he would actually kick his legs and move the floaty himself.

So proud of my new life jacket!

Here comes the rain.

Exploring the dock.

No, Andrew is not going to throw him in, he's hanging on to him because Henry wanted to jump in.

Dancing to Michael Buble!




The guys are chillin' at the front of the boat.

He loves Addison.

Watching Daddy ski with Grampa

Henry was very nervous when Andrew got in the water to ski, he wanted to know where he was at all times.  But once he got up he loved to watch him and wave.

Andrew going over the wake.



He's pointing to whoever is skiing.

He was dancing to the music, as Grammy got back in the boat.

His first skiing lesson.

He  was always happy to have Daddy back on the boat!
I hope everyone has a place they can go where their family becomes stronger and the best memories are made!

2 comments:

  1. Sister, thanks for this great post. I love seeing the photos of my most handsome nephew! Thinking of you and the family. Love you! B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting on my blogs, Sister! It's nice to know they are appreciated. Hope to see you soon! Love you!

      Delete