Wednesday, November 14, 2012

In Loving Memory

 
On Friday, November 9th, I lost someone very special to me. My Grandma, Kathleen, peacefully passed in her sleep in Hot Springs, AR.  Although she was battling dimentia and was not eating as much as she used to it was still a shock that her passing happened so quickly. It still hasn't really sunk in.  I miss her everyday knowing that I will never get to see her again. 
 
Grandma was an amazing person.  She alwasy had a smile and words of encouragement.  She gave me my love for good music like Frank Sinatra, Lou Rawls and Barbra Streisand.  I have so many memories of driving around, singing along to cassette tapes of big band music.  She taught me how to play "In the Mood" and "Sophisticated Swing" on the piano.  She encouraged me to continue playing the piano when I wanted to quit.  I'm so glad she did, because it has become my emotional outlet for so many things. 
Grandma never met a stranger.  I love the story about her going down an elevator and offering half of her sandwich to a complete stranger.  Who knows why?  She was always a giver and even though I feel we had a very special bond, she really made everyone feel that way, like they were special. 
 
Andrew and I loved our time visiting her and Grandpa, Myron, in Hot Springs We would go dancing, play cards and just sit around and chat.  I'm so thankful that we were able to go down this summer and introduce her to Henry.  
 
I could go on and on about this amazing woman, but I wouldn't know when to stop.  She was a bright spot in anyone's day and I know that Heaven is brighter with her there.  I love you Grandma. 




1 comment:

  1. She was a great lady. And how neat that she got to hold and meet Henry - Now that we have our own kiddos, the time with our loved ones is so much more special! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete