Monday, November 5, 2012

Five Months Old

Henry is five months old today.  Of course, like everyone says, time is going by so fast, but on the other hand, I don't remember life without him.  I can't believe that I get to keep this little person and learn with him and go through life with him.  

Henry is already quite well traveled.  He has been to Oklahoma City; Kansas City; Hot Springs, AR; Beaver Lake; Carmel, IN(he has driven and flown there); and Louisville, KY.  He is such a great little traveler and always just seems to be along for the ride.  

In the past month he has become so much more alert and his awake times are a lot of fun.  He loves to take it all in, watching movements and anything with color.  He already loves to read books and usually sits and takes in the illustrations.  He is at the stage where if he can grab onto something, it is going directly in his mouth.  He isn't teething yet, but I think we are getting close.  

He laughs when we bring our hands up like we are going to tickle him.  The laughs make my heart melt.  He talks nonstop in the mornings, I'm assuming he is telling me his dream.  I love it when he talks and coos, I can't wait to know what is going on in that mind of his.  He has so much personality now.  He is an easy going kid unless he is hungry (like his mama) or tired (like his mama), then, watch out.  His hair continues to grow red, not sure where that came from, but the more hair he gets, the more he looks like a little boy instead of an infant.  I love to listen to his sighs of contentment over the baby monitor, so peaceful.  I've pictured more of his accomplishments below.

He is rolling over.

He sits in his Bumbo and "helps" Mommy cook dinner.

He loves to sit in his high chair and play with his toys.  By play, I mean put everything into his mouth.

He's learning Yoga, this is "happy baby" pose.

Every stage has been fun and trying all at the same time.  I can't wait to see his fantastic personality bloom, but I don't want these days to end either.  C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment