Sunday, August 15, 2010

Wedding in Michigan


Andrew and I had another fabulous weekend! We were in Michigan about an hour north of Detroit for Andrew's brother's wedding. Nic and Meghan were married Saturday in the church she grew up in. She was so beautiful Nic cried as he saw her walking down the aisle (not an uncommon occurance for the Peters' boys). The pastor did a great homily that included marital advice from the congregation. I was honored to be asked to sing The Wedding Song (There is Love) during the ceremony. Everything went great. The reception was a blast. It included lots of dancing, a photo booth and amazing Italian food. As far as I'm concerned the day went off without a hitch.


As always it was great to get closer to Andrew's family. I got lots of one on one time with my sister-in-law, Becky. She's always great at listening, being a child therapist and all. As always my father-in-law, Lee continued to crack me up with his craziness that I don't know how to describe and my mother-in-law, Sally was as thoughtful and sweet as she always is. (Okay, I know you are all reading this, but I need everyone to know what a great family I married into, I'm not sucking up, I promise).


Andrew and I made it safely home. Just in time for the first day of school, tomorrow. I'm sure there will be many more blogs to come. I'll try to keep it to funny things my students do instead of how I want to tear my hair out.

1 comment:

  1. Wow you look smoking hot! I love that you're doing this blog so I can keep tabs on you! I'll try to watch this frequently and have now started following you on Twitter. (Not that I know how to find you once I'm there... but I'm trying.) Miss you so much. All my heart, B

    ReplyDelete